Ever wonder how to make homemade pizza dough at home? It’s easier than it seems! It does take some time, but it is well worth it. See the recipe below!
We make homemade pizza at least once a week. Our favorite combos are:
- Pepperoni and green bell peppers
- Loaded vegetable: zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, black olives, and spinach
- Leftover meatloaf
- Leftover taco meat, black olives, and green bell peppers
- And more!
Homemade Pizza Dough
This recipe makes two large pizzas.
- 1 1 /2 cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pour the warm water, yeast, and sugar into a large bowl (or a standing mixing bowl if you have one) and let the yeast activate for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of the flour, olive oil and salt and mix until it’s combined. If the dough is too sticky to handle add a little bit of flour.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface or in a mixing bowl for 7 minutes.
- Place the kneaded dough into a clean bowl (or leave it in the mixing bowl), and let it rise for 1 – 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch the dough down, cut it in half, roll each half out into 12 inch circles, and add whatever toppings you like!
To bake pizza’s:
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Line your pizza pan with parment paper or grease it with oil so the pizza does not stick.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.