In need of an easy appetizer? These Cubano Pizza Pinwheels are a winner. I know it sounds weird, but trust me they are delicious. A traditional Cubano sandwich has roasted pork, ham, pickles, swiss cheese, and mustard. We kept this recipe easy and omitted the roast pork, but all the other ingredients are rolled up in some pizza dough. You could definatley add roast pork if you have some handy.
How to make Cubano Pizza Pinwheels:
- Make some Homemade Pizza Dough or use store bought pizza dough.
- Spread yellow mustard all over the dough for the sauce.
- Sprinkle sliced ham, mozzarella cheese, swiss cheese, and diced pickles.
- Roll everything up into a log, and slice it into eight equal pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees.
Other Pinwheel ingredient combinations:
- Pepperoni Pizza
- Spinach and cheese
- Taco meat, black olives, green peppers, and cheese
- Pulled pork, barbecue sauce, and cheese
- Broccoli and cheese
Really the combinations are endless! If you love this recipe, I would love to know! You can rate this recipe and leave a comment below. If you take a picture tag me on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here?s the recipe:Print
Cubano Pizza Pinwheels
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
In need of an easy appetizer? These Cubano Pizza Pinwheels are a winner. I know it sounds weird, but trust me they are delicious.
- Homemade Pizza Dough or store bought
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pickles, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a 24? by 12? rectangle.
- Spread the mustard evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle the cheese, pickles, and ham evenly over the dough.
- Roll the 24? side of the dough up (just like you would roll up cinnamon rolls), and slice into eight equal rolls.
- Place the rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Don?t forget the parchment paper! It will keep clean up easy.
- Prep time does not include making the homemade pizza dough. Add an additional 2 hours if you are making the dough from scratch.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
Looking for more appetizer ideas? Check out these easy recipes:
Leave a Reply