We eat pizza at least once a week, so to change it up a little I made these Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels. These pinwheels would make a great appetizer or main dinner. We like to have fun with the fillings, but I’d thought I would share a classic pepperoni version first.
I like to make my own homemade pizza dough, but you can find quality pre-made dough at Publix or Trader Joes. I haven’t tried canned dough, but in my experience homemade is best. You can prep the dough the night before and keep it refrigerated until you wan to use it. Give these Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels a try!Print
Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1/4 cup marinara, homemade or store bought
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 30 pepperoni small pepperoni slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a 24″ by 12″ rectangle.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle the cheese, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning evenly over the dough.
- Roll the 24″ side of the dough up (just like you would roll up cinnamon rolls), and slice into eight equal rolls.
- Place the rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Don’t forget the parchment paper! It will keep clean up easy.
- Prep time does not include making the homemade pizza dough. Add an additional 2 hours if you are making the dough from scratch.