These pinwheels would make a great appetizer or main dinner. We like to have fun with the fillings, but I'd thought I would share a classic pepperoni version first.
- pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1/4 cup marinara, homemade or store bought
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 30 pepperoni small pepperoni slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a 24" by 12" rectangle.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle the cheese, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning evenly over the dough.
- Roll the 24" side of the dough up (just like you would roll up cinnamon rolls), and slice into eight equal rolls.
- Place the rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Don't forget the parchment paper! It will keep clean up easy.
- Prep time does not include making the homemade pizza dough. Add an additional 2 hours if you are making the dough from scratch.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min