This recipe makes two large pizzas.
- 1 1 /2 cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pour the warm water, yeast, and sugar into a large bowl (or a standing mixing bowl if you have one) and let the yeast activate for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of the flour, olive oil and salt and mix until it's combined. If the dough is too sticky to handle add a little bit of flour.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface or in a mixing bowl for 7 minutes.
- Place the kneaded dough into a clean bowl (or leave it in the mixing bowl), and let it rise for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch the dough down, cut it in half, roll each half out into 12 inch circles, and add whatever toppings you like!
To bake pizza's:
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Line your pizza pan with parment paper or grease it with oil so the pizza does not stick.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.