Need an easy, healthy grain bowl to get you through the week? This Vegan Sweet Potato and White Bean Bowl is a simple recipe and perfect for meal prepping. I like to make a big batch on the weekends and eat it as a healthy lunch throughout the week. Full disclosure, we are not vegan, but we enjoy eating and experimenting with meatless meals. The best part of this recipe is the homemade vegan pesto and fresh squeeze of lemon drizzled on top of everything.
How do you make a Vegan Sweet Potato and White Bean Bowl?
- Start by roasting some cubed sweet potatoes tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper for 25-20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- Simmer some wild rice in 2 /1/4 cups of vegetable broth for 25-30 minutes.
- Blend together your vegan pesto.
- Massage a bunch of kale with oil and lemon juice.
- Toss together the kale, sweet potatoes and some white beans.
- Top with vegan pesto, pine nuts, and a squeeze of lemon!
Do you eat these bowls warm or cold?
Both! I like to eat them warm or straight out of the fridge (which makes it a great meal for taking into the office). It’s really personal preference.
How long do the bowls last in the fridge?
This Vegan Sweet Potato and White Bean Bowl is great for meal prepping! It lasted me about four days in the fridge. The lemon juice is key to keeping your pesto bright and green, so don’t skip it.
If you love this recipe I would love to know! You can rate this recipe and leave a comment, and tag a photo on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here’s the recipe:Print
Need some more vegan meal prep ideas? Check out these recipes: