In need of some comfort food? This creamy pasta with pancetta and peas is the perfect quick meal to satisfy your craving! Feel free to substitute ham or bacon if you don't have pancetta. What is pancetta you ask? Pancetta is simply pork belly that is salted and cured just like bacon but without the smoky flavor. You can find it near the deli section at your grocery store.
How do you make Fettuccine Alfredo with Pancetta and Peas?
This pasta with pancetta and peas with cream sauce is super simple to make:
- Cook the pancetta for 7-8 minutes until it is crispy in a large skillet over medium heat. (Pancetta will start smoking a lot if the heat is too high ? which will cause you fire alarm to go off ? trust me.)
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, and pour in some heavy cream.
- Stir in some garlic powder, salt, pepper, and peas and warm everything through for 5 minutes.
- Add a lot of Parmesan cheese to the creamy mixture, and stir until the Parmesan has melted
- Toss the noodles into the sauce, warm everything through for 5 minutes constantly stirring, and serve!
Do you need oil to cook pancetta? No. In my experience pancetta has a lot of fat. If anything you might want to drain some of the fat rendered ... but I don't.
Here are some substitutions or additional ingredients you could use:
- Use ham or bacon instead of pancetta
- Add more frozen vegetable such as peppers, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower
- Add some chicken or shrimp for a more substantial meal
- Add some cajun spice for some heat
- Add some sauted mushrooms and onions
Fettuccine Alfredo with Pancetta and Peas is a crowd pleaser, and one of Nolan's favorite meals! We only eat this rich pasta on special occasions. It beats going out to a fancy Italian restaurant because it's waaaay cheaper, and you get to watch Netflix.
You can rate this recipe and leave a comment below. If you take a picture tag me on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here?s the recipe:Print
Love pasta as much as I do? Here are some of my favorites:
30 Minute Mushroom Orzo Risotto
Or this Easy Chicken Pesto:
Or the best 30 Minute Skillet Mac and Cheese: