Sometime you just need a big comforting bowl of Mac and Cheese. This recipe is so easy and only takes 30 minutes! Now this cheesy goodness is not what I would consider a healthy meal, but sometimes you just need a bowl of comfort! I try to eat a big salad or some veggies with it so I don't feel as guilty splurging.
How to make Easy Mac and Cheese:
- In a large skillet heat up the garlic powder, pepper, salt, milk, and heavy cream over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Turn down the heat to low and stir in the cheddar, montery jack, and swiss cheese.
- Toss the hot cooked pasta shells into the cheese sauce and serve!
Want to make it a meal? Here are some additional ingredients you could add:
- Frozen peas and cooked ham or chicken
- Cook chicken and broccoli (buy a Rotisserie chicken to keep it really easy)
- Fresh spinach and sauteed mushrooms
- If you added canned tuna it would be like a tuna noodle casserole
You could also swap out the cheese for others and make your own unique combination. The options are endless!
What could you serve with Mac and Cheese?
I love serving this cheesy pasta with Pan Fried Chicken Cutlets, Baked Pork Chops, or a when we are hosting a barbecue. Most of the time I eat mine with a big bowl of roasted vegetables like brussels sprouts or broccoli.
If you love this recipe, I would love to know! You can rate this recipe and leave a comment below. If you take a picture tag me on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here?s the recipe:Print
Looking for more pasta dishes? Check these recipes out: