This easy gnocchi and roasted vegetables is a quick and easy weeknight vegetarian meal. All you have to do is:
- Chop up your vegetables.
- Open a package of already prepared gnocchi.
- Toss everything on a pan, drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top.
What is gnocchi? So if you’ve never had gnocchi you are in for a treat. Gnocchi is a potato dumpling. Potato’s are mashed and mixed with some flour and egg. You can make it from scratch, or do what I do and buy some at the store. DeLallo is a brand I use frequently, or the Kroger store brand gnocchi. You can find it in the pasta aisle. There are whole wheat and sweet potato gnocchi options too (which would totally work for this recipe!).
If you have a meat eater in the house you can roast some chicken on a separate pan and serve it on the side (or one reader recommended smoked sausage!). Disclaimer: We are not vegetarian, but we love eating plant based meals often.
I love how versatile this recipe is. You could switch out the vegetables, add white beans, or add ready made pesto for a sauce. It would be a great recipe to clean out your fridge with any vegetables that need to be used up.
Could you meal prep this recipe? Totally! This recipe reheats well in the microwave if you want to take it for lunch. You might make a double portion for dinner if you want any leftovers though!
If you love this recipe I would love to know! You can rate this recipe and leave a comment, and tag a photo on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here’s the recipe:Print
Easy Gnocchi with Roasted Vegetables
This is a quick and easy vegetarian week night dinner!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 medium eggplant, diced into 1” cubes
- 2 cups (or 1 package) mushrooms, chopped in half
- 1 yellow squash, chopped into 1/2” half moons
- 1 zucchini, chopped into 1/2” half moons
- 8–10 medium tomatoes, cut in half
- 5–8 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, optional
- 1 package gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place all of the ingredients on a large sheet pan
- Toss everything together (using your hands) until the oil is covering all of the ingredients
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Toss everything again so the roasted tomatoes get saucy
- Top with Parmesan and serve!
Looking for more dinner ideas? Check out these other vegetarian recipes: