Healing Egg Drop Soup is a great healthy winter soup recipe. I love to make this when Nolan isn’t feeling good. It’s so nourishing, but easy on hurt tummies.
This soup is packed with nutrition from the garlic on ginger. If you want more vegetables feel free to add carrots, spinach, or bok choy.
You know the best part…this soup only takes 30 minutes. You just have to wait for the broth to boil, and then pour in some beaten eggs. That’s it! I don’t know why I always thought this soup would be hard to make.
If you really want to impress the family serve this soup as an appetizer! Then whip up some Super Food Stir Fry as the main shebang. In 30 minutes you could have homemade take out (and it’s soooo much healthier)!
Healing Egg Drop Soup
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil or grape seed oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onion
- In a medium pot heat up the oil over medium high. Add the garlic and ginger to the pot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in the chicken broth, and turn the heat to high. Bring the chicken broth mixture to a boil.
- Once the broth is boiling, start pouring in the eggs while stirring the broth simultaneously. Sprinkle in the chopped green onion and serve.