One of my favorite dinners growing up was pasta with pesto! I love pesto because of the nuttiness of the pine nuts mixed with the freshness of the basil. Plus anything with Parmesan cheese is a winner in my book. This Easy Chicken Pesto is one of my go to weeknight dinners. It only takes 30 minutes to make!!
Last week I made some Homemade Pesto, and this pasta is how I use it up! Feel free to use a store bought pesto. I’m not gonna lie… that’s what I usually do.
To make this pesto more filling I roast some chicken and cherry tomatoes in the oven, and toss everything together once the pasta is finished. You could also add any other vegetable too (mushrooms anyone?).
Easy Chicken Pesto
Easy Chicken Pesto is a great weeknight dinner. This pesto pasta is a 30 minute dinner, and it’s a crowd pleaser!
- 2 chicken boneless breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves halved
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- ⅛ tsp Salt & a couple of grinds of Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb rigatoni
- ⅓ cup pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Start boiling the water for the pasta.
- On a baking sheet toss the chopped chicken, tomatoes, and garlic with the salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, prepare the noodles according to the package.
- When the noodles are finished, drain the water and add them back into the same pot.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of pesto.
- Once the chicken is finished baking, add everything (tomatoes, garlic, and chicken) to the pot with the pasta.
- Mix until everything is combined.
Love pasta as much as I do? Check out these dishes:
Or this 30 Minute Skillet Mac and Cheese:
Want something for a special occasion? I love my Bolognese Southern Style: