I love Italian food. I especially love pasta. This Chicken Alfredo recipe is so easy and perfect for a fancy date night or busy weeknight meal. When I first started cooking I use to make alfredo by making a roux (a butter and flour mixture) and cooking down milk until a thick bechamel sauce was formed. This recipe cut out all of those steps and save you some time!
How to make Chicken Alfredo:
- Start by roasting your chicken: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub the olive oil, salt, and pepper all over the chicken breasts. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the juices of the chicken run clear. The internal temperature should read at least 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is roasting boil you fettuccine and make the alfredo sauce: In a large skillet melt 4 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Toss in the shallot, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir constantly so the garlic does not burn. Pour in a pint of heavy cream. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring everything to a simmer. Turn the heat back down to low and add in the Parmesan cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted toss the fettuccine noodles all in the cheese sauce and enjoy!
Here are some other ingredients you could add or swap out:
- Green peas and ham would add a sweet and salty twist
- Bell peppers and some Cajun seasoning for a Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Swap out the pasta for zucchini noodles for a Keto version
Yes please! If you love this recipe I would love to know! You can rate this recipe and leave a comment, and tag a photo on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here?s the recipe:
Easy Chicken Alfredo
Easy Chicken Alfredo is a simple dinner recipe for any occasion. I love this creamy indulgent sauce. This pasta is the ultimate Italian comfort food.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub the olive oil, salt, and pepper all over the chicken breasts. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the juices of the chicken run clear.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the noodles according to the package.
- In a large skillet melt 4 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Toss in the shallot, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir constantly so the garlic does not burn. Pour in a pint of heavy cream. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring everything to a simmer. Turn the heat back down to low and add in the Parmesan cheese. Once the cheese has melted toss the fettuccine noodles all in the cheese sauce.
- Top the fettuccine with the baked chicken and serve with more Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Dinner
Want more past recipes? Check these out:
One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Are you supposed to precook the fettuccine noodles?
Hi Jonnette! Yes cook the fettuccine noodles according to the package! I boil a large pot of water and add about 1 Tablespoon of salt to it (once it comes to a boil). Then I carefully place the noodles in the boiling water. Boil them for about 12-15 minutes stirring occasionally so they don't burn on the bottom of the pot! Let me know if you have any other questions!
HI, I tried this recipe for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo u listed n I want to tell u it turned out excellent. We thought we were eating at a restaurant. My hats off to you for posting it. We loved it. Thank you so much.
Oh! Wow! Thank you so much! This means the world to me!
Thank you so much! This means the world to me!
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe; it was soooo good! My boyfriend and I will never buy chicken alfredo from a restaurant again lol!
I am so glad you love it! I just made it for a crowd and it was a huge hit.
I Love this recipe. It?s very easy and delicious. I double the recipe and put the leftovers in freezer containers and it?s just as good a month later. I am making another batch now because my son requested it to take back to college with him. It is one of his favorites and mine!!
Thank you so much! Good to know you can freeze it. How do you reheat it? Just curious.
I just wanna say thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. God Bless!
You are so welcome! Thank you for giving it a try!
Thank you for sharing this recipe. Made it last night delicious ??
You're welcome! Thanks for making it!
What can you use in place of heavy cream
For this recipe I wouldn't substitute anything for the heavy cream. Substituting it with milk would make to sauce too runny. If you want to make a lighter sauce you would need to create a roux, then add your liquid. Off the top of my head (I have not tested this) I would melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of flour to the pan and mix it into the melted butter until all the raw flour is absorbed. Mix in 2-3 cup of room temperature liquid (you could use milk or a combo of milk and chicken broth for an even lighter sauce) slowly so you don't have any lumps. Turn the heat up to medium high to bring everything to a simmer. Make sure to stir it constantly so it doesn't burn. After 5-10 minutes the mixture should thicken. Turn your heat to low and add your cheese. Taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper if it needs it! If the sauce gets too thick just add more liquid. Hope that helps! I will add a lighter version to my list of recipes to post!
This sauce is really good! Got to try it!