I love Italian food. I especially love pasta. This Chicken Alfredo recipe is so easy and perfect for a fancy date night or busy weeknight meal. When I first started cooking I use to make alfredo by making a roux (a butter and flour mixture) and cooking down milk until a thick bechamel sauce was formed. This recipe cut out all of those steps and save you some time!
How to make Chicken Alfredo:
- Start by roasting your chicken: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub the olive oil, salt, and pepper all over the chicken breasts. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the juices of the chicken run clear. The internal temperature should read at least 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is roasting boil you fettuccine and make the alfredo sauce: In a large skillet melt 4 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Toss in the shallot, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir constantly so the garlic does not burn. Pour in a pint of heavy cream. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring everything to a simmer. Turn the heat back down to low and add in the Parmesan cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted toss the fettuccine noodles all in the cheese sauce and enjoy!
Here are some other ingredients you could add or swap out:
- Green peas and ham would add a sweet and salty twist
- Bell peppers and some Cajun seasoning for a Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Swap out the pasta for zucchini noodles for a Keto version
Yes please! If you love this recipe I would love to know! You can rate this recipe and leave a comment, and tag a photo on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here?s the recipe:
Want more past recipes? Check these out: