Roasted Greek Meatballs and Vegetables are a versatile dinner that satisfies anyone's craving for a hearty meal. Toss these meatballs on a sheet pan with some vegetables of choice and roast for twenty minutes. You can serve them in as is, in a pita or alongside some couscous or rice.
How do you make these Greek meatballs?
Start by mixing together 1lb of lean ground beef (I use 85/15) some ricotta cheese, feta cheese, Italian seasoning, Panko breadcrumbs, an egg, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Make 20-25 small meatballs using a 1" cookie scoop or a tablespoon. Place the meatball with your favorite vegetable combination onto a sheet pan. Bake everything at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. I like to cut into one meatball to check for doneness.
For the vegetables, I like to use bell peppers and onions, but you could also add garlic, broccoli, squash or Brussel sprouts. I also like to serve them with some Tzatziki sauce which you can make homemade or buy at the store.
What do you eat with these meatballs?
Our favorite way to eat them is serve sandwich style on a roasted garlic flatbread, vegetables and all!
If you are going the low carb route, you can steam up some cauliflower rice (pictured below but ignore the flatbreads!) and make a delicious bowl. Of course, you could always use regular rice or couscous if you aren't carb conscious.
One of the reasons I love this recipe is it's family friendly so I can eat my lower calorie version while the rest of the family can load up on whatever they like.
If you love this recipe or change it up I would love to know! Please rate it and leave a comment below. If you take a picture tag me on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here's the recipe:Print
Roasted Greek Meatballs and Vegetables
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Roasted Greek Meatballs and Vegetables are a versatile dinner that satisfies anyone's craving for a hearty meal. Toss these meatballs on a sheet pan with some vegetables of choice and roast for twenty minutes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup whole fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup whole fat feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (I use onion and peppers)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the beef, ricotta, feta, Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper.
- Roll 20-25 1" meatballs onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Depending on the size of your baking sheets, you can spread them over two if they don't fit.
- On a separate parchment lined baking sheet mix together your vegetables, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast everything for 20 - 25 minutes. Cut open one meatball to check for doneness.
Refrigerate leftover meatballs for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek meatballs, sheet pan dinner, easy recipe, meatball recipe, beef recipe
Check out more dinner ideas:
Leave a Reply