Looking for an easy fall recipe that uses pumpkin spice? These Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts with a brown sugar icing are a fun dessert or breakfast recipe that will satisfy you pumpkin craving. I keep these cute little treats simple by using store bought pie crust, but feel free to make your own. This recipe also makes a lot of extra pumpkin spiced puree which can be frozen or added to your favorite muffin recipe.
How do you make Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts?
Start by rolling out two sheets of pie dough into squares. Next, mix up your pumpkin puree with some cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Cut your pie crusts into twelve even rectangles. Spoon roughly one tablespoon of the spiced pumpkin puree onto half of the pie crust rectangles. Cover each of them and crimp the sides using a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes in a 450 degree oven.
For the icing, beat together some softened butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and salt until creamy. Carefully spoon the icing over the pop tarts. Store them in the fridge, but do not reheat them in the toaster! Use the microwave or oven. I like to sprinkle so cinnamon on top for some color.
How do you store these pop tarts?
You can keep them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. After that they start to get a little dry and crumbly. You could make a big batch and keep them in your freezer as well. To reheat, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds or place them in a warm oven.
If you like this recipe you can rate it and leave a comment below. If you take a picture tag me on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here's the recipe:Print
Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
Looking for an easy recipe that uses pumpkin spice? These Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts with a brown sugar icing are a fun dessert or breakfast recipe that will satisfy you pumpkin craving.
Pop Tarts (Note: There will be a lot of extra filling so feel free to cut this recipe in half)
- 2 pie crusts, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional sprinkle of cinnamon
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out both pie crusts into rectangles roughly 12"x6", then cut each of them into twelve small rectangles.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice and nutmeg
- Spoon roughly one tablespoon onto half of the pie crusts, top each with the other half and crimp the edges with a fork to seal up the tarts. Poke a small hole on top of each tart so steam can escape when baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Beat together the softened butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the brown sugar icing on top of each tart and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
You can store these in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Do not use the toaster to reheat them. You can microwave them for a few seconds, pop them in a warm oven or eat them cold straight out of the fridge!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pop tarts, pumpkin spice, breakfast recipe, baking recipe, fall recipe
Looking for more fall recipes? Check these out:
Leave a Reply