Looking for an easy recipe that uses pumpkin spice? These Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts with a brown sugar icing are a fun dessert or breakfast recipe that will satisfy you pumpkin craving.
Pop Tarts (Note: There will be a lot of extra filling so feel free to cut this recipe in half)
- 2 pie crusts, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional sprinkle of cinnamon
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out both pie crusts into rectangles roughly 12"x6", then cut each of them into twelve small rectangles.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice and nutmeg
- Spoon roughly one tablespoon onto half of the pie crusts, top each with the other half and crimp the edges with a fork to seal up the tarts. Poke a small hole on top of each tart so steam can escape when baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Beat together the softened butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the brown sugar icing on top of each tart and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
You can store these in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Do not use the toaster to reheat them. You can microwave them for a few seconds, pop them in a warm oven or eat them cold straight out of the fridge!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pop tarts, pumpkin spice, breakfast recipe, baking recipe, fall recipe