(There are affiliate links in this post and I do receive a commission from them which will go towards more awesome content for you to enjoy!)
Summer isn’t over yet! Here in Tennessee we are getting temperatures in the 90’s still! Ugh. On the bright side these Grilled Chicken Pesto Burgers invented by my mom are a delicious way to use up the last of your basil.
These Grilled Chicken Pesto Burgers happen to be Keto. Now I am not Keto, but my mom and dad are trying it out. She has been experimenting with all sorts of Keto recipes and came up with this super easy dinner. These burgers are delicious on the grill or you can use a skillet and cook them inside. The best way to know if the burger is cooked all the way through is to use a meat thermometer. Here’s a link to the one I use, but feel free to shop around.
If you are Keto try this burger wrapped in butter lettuce, if your not Keto feel free to use a bun!Print
Grilled Chicken Pesto Burgers
This Grilled Chicken Pesto Burgers are a delicious and easy keto dinner recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 lb ground chicken (don’t use the extra lean!)
- 2 cups packed basil leaves, if you don’t have enough basil, you can mix in spinach or parsley
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Juice of one lemon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your grill or if your using a grill pan on the stove heat it to medium high heat.
- Blend all of the pesto ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Mix the pesto into the ground chicken and pat out 8 burgers.
- Grill each burger for 5 minutes, flip and cook another 3-4 minute. The internal temperature of the burgers is at least 165 degrees.
If you don’t have a meat thermometer here is a link to the one I use on Amazon.
Here are some more summer chicken recipes: