(There are affiliate links in this post and I do receive a commission from them which will go towards more awesome content for you to enjoy!)
Are you in need of a quick and easy chicken recipe? Well this Easy Lemon Chicken is a staple in our house. This recipe can stand alone or you can shred the chicken to make chicken salad, top salads, and so much more. I consider this recipe “easy” because it only has 6 ingredients, and take roughly 45 minutes to make (including a marinade!).
The key components to this recipe are to use a quick lemon marinade and a high cooking temperature in the oven to save time. Do NOT over marinate the chicken, because the acid in lemon juice can actually cook the chicken and make it tough. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees for safe eating. I swear by my digital meat thermometer. It keeps me from over cooking my chicken.
Here’s the recipe:Print
Easy Lemon Chicken
Easy Lemon Chicken is perfect for a busy week night meal.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 package chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Make a quick marinade by mixing together the olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the chicken in the quick marinade, and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the marinated chicken on a sheet pan or cast iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn up the oven to broil and cook an additional 5 minutes to brown the lemons. (DO NOT LEAVE THE OVEN WHILE IT’S ON BROIL. Keep a close eye on the chicken so it doesn’t burn.)
The internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees for safe eating. I highly recommend buying a meat thermometer to insure your chicken is not under or over cooked.
Here are some recipes you could serve with this chicken: