This easy Sheet Pan Chicken and Gnocchi Pesto is a weeknight favorite in our house. All you have to do is chop up some chicken, throw it on a sheet pan with some vegetables and gnocchi, and bake it for 20 minutes!
How do you make Sheet Pan Chicken and Gnocchi Pesto?
- Start by preheating your oven to 375
- Chop up some chicken breasts and throw them on a sheet pan
- Add some cherry tomatoes, whole cloves of garlic, and any other vegetable you would like to the pan
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper, and pine nuts onto the pan and toss everything around
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Once its out of the oven toss everything with Homemade Pesto in a Blender (or some store bought pesto!)
- Top it with some fresh lemon juice (so it doesn't brown!) and grated Parmesan
Yum! I love adding the cherry tomatoes because when they burst they act as an additional sauce. I also love adding the whole garlic cloves because the garlic favor mellows out when you roast it. You can get creative with this recipe and add additional ingredients.
What are some additional ingredients or substitutions?
- Add zucchini or squash to use up your summer vegetables
- Swap out basil pesto for other types of pesto (like sun dried tomato or roasted bell pepper!)
- For a vegetarian version, leave off the chicken and add a variety of mushrooms
- Swap out the chicken for shrimp
If you like this recipe you can rate it and leave a comment below. If you take a picture tag me on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here?s the recipe:Print