This easy Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili melts in your mouth and warms up your soul during these cold winter nights. Using chicken thighs for this recipe makes all the difference! After slow cooking for several hours they fall apart and make the broth taste even richer. Chicken breasts tends to get dry and rubbery if cooked too long. You can substitute them, but just be aware the cooking time will be much shorter.
How do you make Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili?
Dump chili powder, cumin, paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper (optional but makes it amazing!), salt, chicken thighs, canned white beans (sub pinto or black beans), canned fire roasted tomatoes and a lot of chicken broth in your slow cooker in the morning and come home to marvelous smells of ready to serve chili.
I like to top my chili with cheese, sour cream, some cilantro, and a side of tortilla chips. This Crockpot Chicken Chili is a lifesaver for those busy week nights!
Is it okay to put raw meat in a slow cooker?
Yes! That’s the beautiful part about using a slow cooker. It saves you so much time! It is important however to make sure any poultry you make is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees for chicken.
How long does raw chicken take in slow cooker?
Raw chicken usually takes 4-6 hours to cook on a low setting, which I highly recommend for this recipe.
If you love this recipe, I would love to know! You can rate it, leave a comment, or both! I love hearing from you. Also, you could tag a photo on Instagram @hungrywaitress and I’ll be sure to share it!Print
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional but make it amazing!
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1.5–2 lbs chicken thighs (1 package), remove any extra fat
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans (sub pinto or black beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 4–6 cups chicken broth, depends on how thick you like your chili
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Dump all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours. (The chicken should fall apart and have an internal temperature of 165 degrees).
- Serve and top with whatever garnishes you like!
I like to start with 4 cups of broth. If the chili comes out too thick, I splash in more broth at the end to thin it out.
Need more Slow Cooker recipes? Check out a few of my favorites: