Crockpot Vegan Green Chili is a play on green chicken chili. The white beans are creamy, and the nutty brown rice makes this soup hearty. I love adding avocado and cilantro to the soup. It’s soooo yummy. I also crunch up tortilla chips, because I am obsessed with them.
How to make Crockpot Vegan Green Chili:
I don’t think it get’s any easier than this recipe! Dump vegetable broth, green chilies, salsa verde, white beans, brown rice, slat, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and lime juice in a Crockpot and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
Optional add-ins or swap outs:
- Top with cilantro and avocado
- Swap quinoa for the brown rice
- Swap kidney beans or black beans for white beans
- Add a can of stewed tomatoes
- Add some chili powder and cayenne pepper
- Add some lentils for protein (about 1/3 cup)
This Vegan Green Chili is a great week night dinner idea. Full disclosure: we are not vegan, but we enjoy eating plant based meals often. I also love the challenge of creating recipes without meat.
If you love this recipe I would love to know! You can rate this recipe and leave a comment, and tag a photo on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here’s the recipe:Print
Crockpot Vegan Green Chili Soup
CrockPot Vegan Green Chili Soup is a hearty vegetarian green chili. Top this chili with creamy diced avocado and cool cilantro for the best flavor ever!
- Category: Dinner
- 8 cups vegetable broth (2 cartons)
- 2 cans (7 oz) green chilies
- 1/2 cup verde salsa
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lime, juice
- Dump everything in a Crockpot. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
Looking for more vegan recipes? Check these out: