Zesty Oven Fries are a healthy side dish option. They are so easy, and taste way better than those bagged frozen fries!
- 4 Idaho potatoes. cut into wedges
- 6 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut the potatoes into long wedges. Fill a large bowl with 6 cups of water, and place the cut potatoes into the water. Soak the potatoes for about 25- 20 minutes. Drain the water, and pat the potatoes dry.
- Place the dried potatoes back into the large bowl. Pour in the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Toss everything throughly.
- Dump the potatoes an a greased baking sheet. Spread them out in an even layer. Be sure not to crowd the pan, because the potatoes will not crisp up. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip them and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Side Dish