Looking for ways to use up zucchini this summer? This Vegetarian Zucchini Boats with Sun Dried Tomatoes is a great 30 minute summer recipe.
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup farro | sub rice or quinoa
- 2 1/4 cup vegetable broth | sub water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Cut 3 large zucchini in half, scoop out the insides, and bake for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- Bring 2 1/4 cups of broth to a boil, stir in 1 cup of farro and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt, cover and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Mix some sun dried tomatoes, black olives, toasted pine nuts, and Parmesan to the farro and spoon it into the cooked zucchini boats
- Drizzle some basil pesto (try my Homemade Pesto in a Blender recipe!) before serving
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20