This Vegetable Hash is the perfect one pot meal to have for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 squash, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 6 minutes to soften. (See note if you don't want to use the microwave.)
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully place the potatoes, paprika, salt, and garlic powder in the hot butter and oil, and using a spatula push them around creating a single layer in the pan.
- Let them sizzle for 5 minutes, then toss them around and let them sizzle for another 5 minutes. (The less you stir them the crispier they get.)
- Add the vegetables, give everything in the skillet a good toss, and cook everything for another 5 minutes.
- Crack 4 eggs on top of the vegetables, and cover the skillet with a lid or some aluminum foil.
- Cook the eggs for 3-4 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Top the hash with sliced green onions and freshly cracked black pepper.
If you don't want to use a microwave you can bake the potatoes whole in a 350 degree oven for around 30-45 minutes, then when they cool cut them into 1 inch cubes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25