- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 cups vegetable broth (two cartons)
- 1 15.5 ounce can white beans
- 1/2 cup quinoa | sub any grain, pasta, or rice
- 2-3 cups fresh kale chopped | sub any other leafy green
- 1 Tablespoon lemon
Serve with crunchy Italian bread
- Heat the olive oil, onion, celery and carrots in a large pot over medium high heat for around 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and stir for another minute or so.
- Stir the salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and tomato paste in with the vegetables for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, quinoa and white beans and turn up the heat to bring everything to a boil.
- Reduce the heat down to medium, toss in the fresh kale and lemon juice, and simmer for another 10-15 minutes until the quinoa has cooked through.
- Enjoy with some crunchy bread!
Nutritional data is an estimate and does not include the bread served with this soup.