Need something nutritious, delicious and fast for dinner tonight? This Vegan White Bean and Kale Soup only takes around 30 minutes and is full of healthy vegetables, beans and quinoa for some protein.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 cups vegetable broth (two cartons)
- 1 15.5 ounce can white beans
- 1/2 cup quinoa | sub any grain, pasta, or rice
- 2-3 cups fresh kale chopped | sub any other leafy green
- 1 Tablespoon lemon
Serve with crunchy Italian bread
- Heat the olive oil, onion, celery and carrots in a large pot over medium high heat for around 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and stir for another minute or so.
- Stir the salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and tomato paste in with the vegetables for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, quinoa and white beans and turn up the heat to bring everything to a boil.
- Reduce the heat down to medium, toss in the fresh kale and lemon juice, and simmer for another 10-15 minutes until the quinoa has cooked through.
- Enjoy with some crunchy bread!
Nutritional data is an estimate and does not include the bread served with this soup.