I want pasta! But I don't want to get fat...haha! Life's ultimate struggle (not really). I have tricked myself into not eating a ton of pasta by using my new favorite kitchen tool...the spiralizer! I created this Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Zucchini and Mushroom Pasta using it.
I bought a cheap one at Walgreen's, and I use it anytime we have a pasta night. My trick is I only put 1/2 cup of real pasta on my plate, and then I pile on as many zucchini noodles as my heart desires!
That way I get my carb fix in a healthy way! Seriously. You are going to LOVE these zucchini noodles.
This recipe is vegan, but if you have a die hard meat eater in the fam feel free to add some diced grilled chicken or shrimp. While your at it top this deliciousness with a mountain of Parmesan cheese too!
This recipe is super fast to make. In order for it to be convenient buy your sun-dried tomato pesto (make sure it doesn't have Parmesan in it if you are vegan). Nobody wants to pull down their food processor during the work week.
Then all you do is boil up some linguine/spaghetti/fettuccine and saute some mushroom and zucchini noodles. Then mix everything with the store bought pesto! SO FAST!
Guilt free pasta please!Print
Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Zucchini and Mushroom Pasta
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
This is a quick vegan weeknight dinner recipe. This healthy recipe is hearty you won?t even realize it?s vegan.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 zucchinis, spiralized and placed on a paper towel to drain
- 2 cups linguine noodles (half a box), prepared according to package
- 4 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Pine Nuts
- First cook your pasta according to the package.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high. Place the slice mushroom in the hot skillet and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the pasta and sun-dried tomato pesto into the hot skillet and stir until thoroughly combined for about 1 minute with the heat on.
- Turn off the heat and serve with whatever garnish you like!
Feel free to add more pesto if the pasta seems dry!
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Cuisine: Dinner
Dr Martin Huang
Quick and simple meal!