These vegan biscuits taste like the real thing!
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the butter and shortening in the freezer.
- Mix together soy milk and vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Take the shortening and butter out of the freezer and cut it into cubes/smaller pieces. Then cut into the dry ingredients with your hands or a pastry cutter.
- Add half of the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredient bowl. Mix together. If the dough is to dry add a little more buttermilk until it forms a ball. (If the dough gets to wet, add more flour).
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface. Fold the dough in half, and roll out again. Repeat folding two more times.
- Cut out biscuits and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast