This salad is quick and easy. It's perfect for meal prepping for lunch or dinner just sprinkle some lemon juice over the apples so they don't brown!
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 apples, sliced or diced (I like Honeycrisp or Jazz)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice (so the apples don't brown)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
Bring the 1/2 cup broth and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a small pot.
Pour in and stir the quinoa.
Cover the pot with a lid and turn the heat down to low.
Cook for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let cool.
Add the remaining salad ingredients and the cooled quinoa to a large bowl for serving or in meal prep containers.
Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside for serving.