The Best Meatballs and Lighter Chicken Meatballs are staple recipes for any home cook. Talk about a classic recipe! Meatballs are great for appetizers, over spaghetti, or in a sub. They are perfect for freezing, and make any weeknight dinner a breeze!
- 4 slices bread, crust removed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Marinara Sauce
- Spaghetti noodles
- Parmesan for garnish
- Bread, to sop up the sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease 2 baking sheets thoroughly.
- Pour 1 cup of buttermilk in a medium mixing bowl. Using a fork mash the 4 slices of bread into the buttermilk until a paste forms (panade). Set aside.
- Dump the onion, garlic, parsley, Parmesan, ground beef, beaten egg, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the buttermilk, bread paste (panade) to the same large mixing bowl. Using your hands mix everything together.
- When everything is throughly mixed together, use a Tablespoon scoop to form even meatballs. Place the meatball on the baking sheets about 1" a part. Once all the meatballs are ready, bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti and marinara sauce, or stuff them in a hoogie roll for a meatball sub. The options are endless.
Healthier Chicken Meatballs
*Replace the ground beef with LEAN ground chicken
*exclude the egg
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Cuisine: Dinner