Super Food Stir Fry Vegetables make a great week night meal. It only takes about 20 minutes to throw this dish together. I add edamame and kale to make this a “super food” stir fry.
This is a vegan recipe, but shrimp or chicken would work if you want extra protein. I like my stir fry over brown rice, but you could do zucchini noodles or white rice too. It’s so versatile!
I like to make my own sauce most of the time, but I will not judge you if you use a store bought version. If you have never tried making your own stir fry sauce it’s pretty easy. You could just use soy sauce if you are being super lazy, but I like to add garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and some garlic chili sauce for yumminess.
Enjoy your healthy bowl of goodness!
Super Food Stir Fry Vegetables
Super Food Stir Fry Vegetables is a versicle healthy dinner recipe. This is a vegan recipe but you could add tofu, shrimp, or chicken to add some protein. Serve them over brown rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bags frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup frozen edamame, shelled
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- Stir Fry Sauce
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 Tablespoon ginger
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- In a large skillet heat up 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Toss in the frozen vegetables, edamame, and kale. Cook until the vegetables are thawed and the kale has wilted (about 10 minutes). Pour in the Stir Fry sauce, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve over rice.