Use up your steak leftovers with these Steak Sandwiches with Pesto Mayonnaise! These sandwiches contain sauted mushrooms and onions, spinach, thinly sliced sirloin, and pesto mayonnaise!
- 4 thick slices of sour dough bread
- 2 Tablespoons of butter or Herb Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoons of store bought pesto
- 1 cup thinly sliced Grilled Sirloin, or as much as you want!
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Heat up a skillet to medium high.
- Pour in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, sliced mushrooms and onions.
- Cook the mushrooms and onions for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mushrooms and onions from the pan (your going to use this same pan to toast the bread).
- Brush the melted butter on both sides of the sour dough bread.
- Place the bread into the hot skillet (still on medium high heat).
- Toast each side of the bread for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and pesto.
- Now it's time to build the sandwich! Start by spreading the pesto mayonnaise onto one side of the bread.
- Then put as much Grilled Sirloin as you like onto the bread.
- Top the Grilled Sirloin with provolone cheese, fresh spinach, mushrooms and onions.
- Finish with the other slice of bread and enjoy!
This is definitely not a sandwich for dieters ... haha! You can also grill the bread!