This Spicy Salmon Roll Bowl is an easy way to recreate the classic spicy salmon roll with common household ingredients
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups white rice, cooked*
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil such as vegetable, canola, avocado or grapeseed
- 2 medium salmon fillets
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Seaweed snacks
- Sesame seeds
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and marinate the salmon fillets in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Sear the salmon, skin down first, for about 5 minutes on each side over medium high heat. Time may vary depending on how well done you like your salmon. I like to remove the salmon skin after I flip it. Remove the salmon and let it cool.
- Mix up some mayonnaise and Sriracha hot sauce.
- Serve the salmon over the rice with avocado, cucumber and a drizzle of spicy mayonnaise at room temperature or even cold with some seaweed snacks on the side!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days.
*To cook rice, bring 1 cup white rice, 2 1/4 cup broth or water, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: salmon recipe, salmon bowl, lunch idea, spicy salmon roll bowl