You can use any toppings you want, but this pizza is topped with caramelized onions and hot Italian sausage!
- Pizza dough, store bought
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions*
- 1/2 cup hot Italian sausage, browned
- 2 Tablespoons jarred marinara
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 4 oz ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium pans
- 1 cast iron skillet
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease the cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place pizza dough on the skillet and let it sit for 15 minutes. While the dough is proofing, prepare the caramelized onions, and brown the sausage.
- In one pan, break up some hot Italian sausage over medium high heat for around 15 minutes or until browned. In the second pan cook the onion slices, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper over medium heat stirring occasionally for around 15 minutes.
- Once the sausage and onion are ready, punch the dough out and stretch to cover the bottom of the skillet. Poke the dough with a fork. Spread the marinara in an even layer on top of the dough. Sprinkle on half of the shredded mozzarella. Then space out the caramelized onion, sausage, and fresh mozzarella on top of the dough. Finish by topping with the remaining shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on the bottom rack (or a pizza stone if you have one!).
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner