Simple Lasagna is a very basic vegetarian recipe. I think it’s perfect the way it is, but you could add ground beef if you want. You could even add more vegetables to keep this cheesy mess vegetarian. I love getting creative with different combinations!
Don’t be afraid to make this simple lasagna a head of time. Then when you get home from a long annoying day of work you can pop this comfort casserole straight into the oven and relax.
Speaking of a hard day at work, I remember my first day as a brand new server. It was so unbelievably awful. It was a Friday before Christmas, and the restaurant was slammed. I had never served before, and I had to work a double that day.
I thought it was going to be a breeze. I mean all you do is bring people what they ask for right? I would just do one table at a time. Easy.
Well I didn’t really realize I was going to have five tables at the same time, all at different phases of their visit and sucking down their beverages constantly.
Let’s just say I forgot to ring in two families food for like 20 minutes (they had babies too…) which made them wait an extra hour for thier food! They were not happy at all. I had never had anybody be blatantly mad at me before. I understood their frustration, but I felt no sense of control. It was an anxiety bomb.
After the shift, I cried. The manager talked to me, and he was encouraging. I knew they thought I was not going to last. But I showed up the next day, and I was better. Then the next day I actually started to make some money. I knew I could conquer the job, and I did.
Oh I was such a bad server at first, but you have to start somewhere. On horrible days it’s so nice to come home to some comfort food.
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 2 cups cottage cheese (anyone who is aware of these cottage cheese recipes will know how versatile this ingredient is!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar marinara
- 1 package no-boils lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 8×8 dish
- 2 bowls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and grease an 8×8 dish.
- Microwave the frozen spinach for 6 minute, and the drain all of the water out. (I use paper towels). Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to the spinach and combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cottage cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- To assemble the lasagna pour 1/2 cup of marinara in the bottom of the 8×8 dish. Place two lasagna noodles down. Smear the cheese mixture over the noodles. Then sprinkle on half of the spinach. Top with two more noodles. Then pour marinara, and sprinkle a layer of mozzarella on top of the noodles. Repeat with two more noodles. Add the cottage cheese mixture and spinach. Then two noodles. Then pour the remain marinara over the top. Finish by sprinkle the top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes.