Are you wondering, "what can I do with a tube of polenta?". You'll love this Roasted Greek Vegetables with Polenta recipe. All you have to do is slice the polenta and chop some vegetables, then roast everything! It also happens to be vegan! I make a huge batch and divide it into my meal prep containers to have during the week!
How do you make Polenta with Roasted Greek Vegetables?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheets, Toss the eggplant, mushrooms, and tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, and cauliflower with olive oil, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Place the sliced polenta rounds on another baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and drizzle some olive oil all over the polenta rounds.
- Bake both pans at the same time (if they will fit in your oven) for 25 minutes. Take the vegetables out for good, but flip the polenta over and bake for another 10 minutes (or until a little crispy on the outside).
- Optional Chickpeas:
I like to add a bit of protein to this recipe by crisping up some chickpeas to serve alside everything. To make these crispy chickpeas:
- Toss the chickpeas in olive oil, cumin, garlic salt, and paprika.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
It's very important not to crowd your sheet pans. This will cause the vegetables to steam and not brown. Spread out your vegetable over two pans if you have a lot.
I love crisping up these little polenta medallions to have with roasted vegetables, particularly roasted tomatoes because they burst and create a sauce. You could also use creamy polenta instead of the tube and mix in cheddar cheese, feta or goat cheese. Polenta is a very versatile starch and could be use as a substitute for most rice or pasta recipes.
If you where wondering about what containers I use they are Bento Box ... I love having matching container all lined up in the fridge full of delicious food. It makes me happy.
If you like this recipe you can rate it and leave a comment below. If you take a picture tag me on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here's the recipe:Print
Need more vegan recipe ideas? Check out these recipes: