In need of a quick flatbread recipe? This roasted garlic flatbread without yeast requires no rising time and can be whipped together in about 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 2 cups flour, plus 1/4 cup for dusting and adjusting dough
- 3/4 cup whole fat yogurt, plus 1-2 tablespoons for adjusting dough
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, pour olive oil over the head of garlic and roast for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, yogurt, baking powder and salt until a dough forms. You may need to add more yogurt if the mixture is too crumbly.
- Chop 4-5 cloves of roasted garlic and knead it into the dough.
- Divide the dough into eight equal portions and roll out each flatbread to 1/2" in thickness.
- In a very hot skillet, toast each side of the flatbreads for 2-3 minutes until browned and bubbly.
Store in at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: flatbread recipe, easy flatbread, roasted garlic, easy recipe