A delicious cooking method to use for packaged gnocchi is pan fried in lots of butter. This fried gnocchi gets crispy on the outside and pillowy on the inside.
- 1 package (16oz) gnocchi
- 4 tablespoons butter*, plus 2-3 tablespoons more for a finishing sauce at the end | sub olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Pinch of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs, optional
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet and carefully mix in the packaged gnocchi until every dumpling is nice and glossy.
- Toast the gnocchi for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and plump and the butter is absorbed. Careful you don't brown it too much or the exterior gets a little too crunchy.
- Add the additional butter, parmesan and seasonings to the pan and stir all together.
- Finished with some lemon juice and optional fresh herbs on top.
- Serve immediately.
- If the gnocchi is too dry for your taste, add your favorite sauce such as a pesto or tomato sauce.
- You can substitute olive oil for the butter for a healthier fat option.
- You do not have to boil the gnocchi before frying.
- This recipe has only been tested for packaged gnocchi, so I'm not sure on cooking times for fresh or frozen gnocchi.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pan fried gnocchi, fried gnocchi, pan seared gnocchi, pan fried gnocchi in butter, gnocchi side dish