Open-Faced Reubens are a lazy way to eat a reuben. These could make a great appetizer for St. Patrick?s or a simple weeknight dinner. Most importantly they are a super fast recipe!
- 4 slices of rye bread
- 4 Swiss cheese slices
- Corned beef, leftover or deli sliced
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 2 Tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or rub with olive oil.
- (I line the pan with aluminum foil first to save clean-up time.)
- Lay 4 slices of rye bread on the cooking sheet.
- Place a slice of swiss cheese on each slice of bread.
- Pile a layer of corned beef on each slice.
- Top with drained sauerkraut.
- Broil until toasted and melty. 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle Thousand Island Dressing all over the top of each open-faced sandwich.
* Makes 2 whole sandwiches, or 4 open-faced snadwiches