This healthy and comforting vegan dish is an easy week night meal.
- 1 cup white rice*
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 3-4 cups zucchini and yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can tomatoes with chili's (Rotel)
- 2 cans bean, black or kidney, drained and rinsed
- Hot Sauce
- Mix together the rice, broth, salt, and 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a medium pot.
- Turn the heat to high until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once it's boiling reduce the heat to low and cover with a tight lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of olive oil into another skillet set to medium high heat.
- When the pan is hot add the bell peppers, zucchini, squash, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook for around 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the can of tomatoes and beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the bean mixture on top of the rice with as many garnishes as you like!
*You can use brown rice, but it will add an additional 20-30 minutes to cook.