Is there anything better than a big bowl of pasta? This recipe is a lighter version of the classic Tuscan Chicken recipe.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 5-6 oz fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 lb cooked pasta, half a box
- 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes, optional
- Brown the cut up chicken for 7 - 10 minutes in one tablespoon of olive oil, then remove from pan.
- Heat up two tablespoons of olive oil and add the flour, salt, pepper and seasoning until the flour is totally absorbed.
- Pour in 2 cups of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of milk and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir sundried tomatoes, spinach and Parmesan into the sauce. Carefully taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Toss the cooked chicken and prepared pasta into the sauce and serve immediately.
Depending on your chicken broth, you might need to add more salt to the salt. It's best to tast it before adding the pasta. Is the sauce too salty? No worries, just add a touch more milk.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken pasta recipe, Tuscan chicken, chicken recipe, dinner idea, 30 minute meal