Last week I made this hearty Kale Salad with Caesar Vinaigrette and Parmesan Chickpeas because I was tired of boring salads for lunch. The Parmesan chickpeas are delicious fresh out of the pan, and honestly would make a yummy snack on there own. Note: The chickpeas so not stay crispy when you meal prep and refrigerate them, but they still taste great and add a creamy texture to the salad.
The vinaigrette is tangy and really breaks down the fibrous texture of the kale. I love using kale for salad meal prep because it can handle having the dressing on it for days. (I actually think it gets better after a few days!)
The boiled eggs are optional, but I like adding some protein to my lunch so I'm not starving five minutes later. Here's the recipe!Print
Kale Salad with Caesar Vinaigrette and Parmesan Chickpeas
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This hearty salad makes a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner!
- 16 oz chopped kale*
- 4 eggs
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar (sub | balsamic)
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan?
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (roughly one whole lemon)
- Place the chopped kale in an extra large bowl.
- Boil the four eggs for 12 minutes in a small pot of water.
- Whisk the Caesar Vinaigrette ingredients together until they are emulsified.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the kale and massage the dressing into the kale using your hands until it has decrease in volume by about a third
- Toss the chickpeas with the Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in a small pan and heat over medium on the stove for 7-10 until the Parmesan melts. Be careful not to burn the Parmesan.
- Serve immediately or divide it up into meal prep containers. (The chickpeas do not remain crispy when you refrigerate them, but they are still delicious).
* My grocery store (Kroger) sells a 16 oz bag of kale already washed and chopped which I use all the time!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
Need more meal prep ideas? Check out these recipes:
Leave a Reply