These Kale and Mushroom Egg Bites are a copycat of the Starbucks Egg Bites without the sous vide equipment!
- 8 ounces mushrooms, any variety, chopped fine
- 2 cups kale, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, Monterey Jack and Swiss for the original Starbucks recipe or any blend you have on hand
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 1-2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fill an oven safe dish with roughly an inch of water, place on the bottom rack of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté the mushrooms and kale in one tablespoon of olive oil in over medium heat until the mushrooms have softened and the kale has wilted a little then let cool a bit.
- In a mixing bowl blend together the shredded cheese and vegetables, then disperse them evenly between 12 muffin tins.
- Whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, hot sauce and salt, then poor an equal amount into each muffin tin.
- Bake the muffins for 20 - 25 minutes, until the center is set and not jiggly, on the middle rack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg bites, vegetarian recipe, breakfast recipe, copycat Starbucks recipe, meal prep