Is there anything better than crispy pan fried chicken? What about crispy fried chicken that only takes thirty minutes? These easy Italian chicken cutlets are my weeknight version of the classic Italian dish.
- 1 package chicken cutlets (roughly 1 - 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pound each chicken cutlet to 1/4" thin.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pack each chicken cutlet into the breadcrumbs until a nice coating covers each breast.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high until the butter melts.
- Pan fry each side of the chicken for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and place on a wire rack to cool (You may have to work in batches depending on how big your pan is. Don't over crowd it!).
If you can't find cutlets just cut two chicken breasts in half length wise. When you are packing on the breadcrumbs, it may take several flips to get the mixture to stick. I highly recommend using a cast iron skillet for even browning. Too ensure maximum crispiness before serving place the chicken on the wire rack to cool so the bottom doesn't get soggy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken, pan-fried