The dough makes enough for two pizzas.
- 1?1 /2 cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon?instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon?sugar
- 3 1/2 -4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Toppings (Enough for two pizzas)
- 1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12oz) bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
For the dough,
- Pour the warm water, yeast, and sugar into a large bowl (or a standing mixing bowl if you have one) and let the yeast activate for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of the flour, olive oil and salt and mix until it?s combined. If the dough is too sticky to handle add a little bit of flour.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface or in a mixing bowl for 7 minutes.
- Place the kneaded dough into a clean bowl (or leave it in the mixing bowl), and let it rise for 1 ? 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch the dough down, cut it in half, roll each half out into 12 inch circles
For the pizzas,
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Spread half the ricotta on each prepared pizza dough like you would pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the tops of both pizzas.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella, spinach, feta, and Italian seasonings over both pizzas.
- Bake each pizza (one at a time) for 10 minutes on the bottom rack (to cook the bottom) then another 2-3 minutes on the top rack if the top needs browned.