Looking for the perfect fluffy homemade biscuit? These Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits are easy to make and delicious.?
- 2 cups White Lily's Self-Rising flour | sub all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter | keep as cold as possible
- 3/4 - 1 cup whole fat buttermilk | sub low fat buttermilk or whole milk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt for the biscuits.
- Cut the stick of cold butter into cubes. Using a pastry blender or your hands cut or mush the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles gravel.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of buttermilk and stir until a dough starts to form. Add an additional 1/4 cup of buttermilk if the mixture is too dry.
- Dump the dough onto a heavily floured surface and knead it slightly until it holds together. (Feel free to sprinkle on more flour if it is too sticky).
- Flatten the dough into a 1/2 inch thick disc, cut out your biscuits and place them onto a lined baking sheet with the edges touching.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: biscuits, buttermilk biscuits