These Healthy Taco Bowls are paleo and Whole30 approved! They are made with a flavorful cauliflower rice, and a delicious combo of lean ground beef and ground turkey.
Taco Seasoning (from AllRecipes)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 packages frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, devided
- 1/2 + 1/4 teaspoon salt, devided
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cans back beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salsa or diced tomatoes
- Mix together all of the spices for the Taco Seasoning and set aside.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Carefully place the ground beef and ground turkey into the hot skillet, and break apart into small pieces using a spatula or spoon.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the taco meat is thoroughly browned.
- While the taco meat is browning, in a separate skillet add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Pour in the frozen cauliflower rice, turmeric, garlic powder, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir everything gradually as the cauliflower rice begins to thaw. Heat through for about 8 minutes, until the rice has completely thawed.
- When the rice is done, pour it into a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the diced bell pepper and saute for 4 minutes. Toss in the black beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and turn off the heat.
- Now back to the meat! Add the Taco Seasoning into the large skillet of browned taco meat. Toss everything around until the spices cover most of the meat. Add 1/2 cup of water to the skillet, and cook everything for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and assemble your bowls with any garnishes you like!