Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kabobs with Coconut Rice is a great grilling recipe for the summer!
- 15 - 20 wooden skewers
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 whole pineapple, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 bell peppers, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 a large red onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (13.66 oz) cans coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white rice
- chopped green onion
- lime juice
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for at least an hour (you could start marinating it the night before)
- Assemble the kabobs by alternating the chicken, vegetables, and pineapple
- Prepare your grill and brush the grates with some olive oil.
- While the grill is heating up, start cooking the coconut rice by bringing two cans of full fat coconut milk, 1 cup water, and 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a medium pot
- Stir 2 cups of white rice into the coconut milk, cover with a lid, turn the heat to low, and cook for 25-30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed
- Grill each kabob for 15 - 20 minutes turning occasionally until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with some lime and chopped green onion.
If you don't have a grill, feel free to use a stove top grill pan or bake them in the oven at 400 for 20 - 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: grilling recipe, grilled pineapple chicken kabobs, coconut rice, grilled hawaiian chicken skewers, grilled chicken pineapple skewers recipe