Add some brown rice and hummus to your next salad to mix it up and create this delicious grain bowl. This recipe makes four bowls.
- Lemon vinaigrette*
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped | sub any lettuce, kale or spinach
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, chopped or shaved
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion*
- 2-3 tablespoons feta, chopped or crumbled
- 3-4 tablespoons hummus
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh dill, optional
- Sprinkle of black pepper, optional
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together the lemon vinaigrette ingredients until they are emulsified.
- Toss the vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers) with the vinaigrette and divide them across four bowls.
- Distribute the rice and quinoa, feta cheese, and pickled red onions across the four bowls.
- Add a generous dollop of hummus to the top of each bowl and garnish with some fresh dill and black pepper.
*To make pickled red onions, in a large jar or container mix together 1 red onion, sliced thin, 3/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup water, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes and up to a week.
Wait to toss the dressing if you don't plan on eating right away
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Bowls
- Method: Meal Prep
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: greek grain bowl, Mediterranean grain bowl, lunch recipe, meal prep, healthy recipe, easy recipe