Gnocchi with mushrooms and Artichoke makes for a quick and easy vegetarian entr?e. The meaty mushrooms and artichokes make up for the lack of meat in this savory dish.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1 package of gnocchi
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 1 package of mushrooms, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4oz) jar marinated artichokes
- 2-3 cups baby kale or spinach
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat to medium high. Toss in the gnocchi, and toast for around 5 minute until the gnocchi get plump and golden. Remove the gnocchi from the skillet.
- Throw the cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the cast iron skillet. Season with the salt and pepper. Toss the tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic around to make sure the olive oil is evenly coating them. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes have burst a little.
- Once the tomatoes are done take the skillet out for the oven, and keep the oven mitt on the handle so you don't forget it's hot. Add the beans, artichokes, kale or spinach, and lemon juice to the skillet. Stir everything together. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dinner