Glazed Ham is such a holiday treat! I love making a huge ham, and spreading it out throughout several dinner recipes. This make an easy Holiday brunch or?dinner recipe.
- 1 ham*
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
*The ham can be pre-sliced or whole, but there are different instructions for each
For a whole ham:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take a sharp knife and cut a diamond pattern through the skin of the ham.
- Place the ham on a deep pan. Pour the glaze over the ham and bake for 15 minutes. Baste (with a spoon pour the hot glaze all over the ham) the ham then bake for another 15 minutes. Continue basting the ham every fifteen minutes for a total time of 1 hr and 30 min.
- Let the ham cool before slicing.
For pre-slice ham
- Cook the ham according to the directions on the package.
- Take the ham out of the oven 15 minutes before it's finished cooking.
- Pour the glaze all over the top of the ham.
- Finish baking at the temperature the package calls for.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins