Looking for an easy summer side dish? This easy Pesto Potato Salad will be your next summer staple. Fresh basil pesto gives the old standard potato salad a nice refresh. You can make your own pesto or buy it to keep this recipe super easy.
- 1 lb small Yukon gold potatoes, quartered and boiled in salted water
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar | sub apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pesto. homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, optional
- Salt to taste
- Prepare your potatoes by boiling them in salted water for 10-15 minutes until they are fork tender.
- Turn off your burner, carefully drain the potatoes and place them back in the hot pot on the burner to let the residual heat seam off any excess water.
- Toss the warm potatoes with 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Let them cool a bit then toss in the pesto, red onion and pine nuts.
- Taste for any additional salt and let the salad cool completely before refrigerating.
I prefer the texture of gold potatoes for this salad, but feel free to use whatever you like.
It's important to salt your water before boiling the potatoes because this is the only opportunity to season them.
I cut my potatoes before boiling them because I find it easier.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato salad, pesto potato salad, summer side, side recipe, easy recipe